SERIAL TO ETHERNET CONNECTOR DOWNLOAD
Here you can download and install Serial to Ethernet Connector on all computers
that will participate in serial port sharing and usage. Both client and server software are included in a single installer. Thanks to cross-platform capabilities of Serial to Ethernet Connector, client and server can be installed either on Windows
OS machines (command-line version only).
Trial version limitations:fully functional 14-day trial period
1. Share local serial port
2. Connect serial port to remote host
Latest release updates:
- new user interface for even easier connections creation and management; connections visualization added
- possibility to control serial ports (both on server and client sides) directly from your own application by executing dll functions. 64-bit applications are supported as well. - for OEM License owners
- connections can be created, edited and deleted via command line now - for OEM License owners
- possibility to turn off Serial to Ethernet Connector (Administrator rights required). Permits to temporarily disable created connections without deleting them.
- possibility to specify several remote computers for simultaneous UDP connection
- sample client-server pair can be created to see how Serial to Ethernet Connector works
- read/write access rights can be now configured basing on the last client's/server's activity. Data can be sent to or received from only last or the last active client/server.
- connection's summary and statistics are available upon click on the required connection in the tree
- IPv6 support
- support for the beta version of Windows 8
- Serial to Ethernet Connector can be run and used (including the registration procedure) under user account
- automatic check for updates
- Ring signal transferring mechanism
- Internal drivers became more stable
- sending and receiving messages via shared fax machines became more stable
- some cases of SEC Service failure when sending data to multiple connections at a time
- issue when SEC Service failed to recreate some virtual ports after the system reboot
- Telnet initialization issue when data was transferred prior to COM port parameters
- multi-client technology issue. Now, even if one of servers does not respond, there is no delay in sending data to the rest of servers.
- new XML-based mode of communication with SEC Service. Data representation as xml blocks simplifies commands understanding and management. Previous format of Service management is still supported for the owners of older OEM builds. - for OEM License owners
- conditions for packets transmission can be set now for all connection types
- statistics on sent/received bytes is now displayed separately for each host of the given connection - for all connection types
- setting a period of time after which SEC will try to restore connection is now optional
- read/write access rights can be now configured for all connection types
- navigation through recently opened SEC tabs is available now
Need help? Click to chat...